Blog slacking! Being deliberate!

Hola! My apologies for no blog Thursday! I sat down to do it and then life happened!; And I am sure it will happen again! Lol cause life does happen.
Lately I have been on a quest to be organized and on top of every area of my life. Even down to my finances. For those who need help in that area visit the Dave Ramsey website! Amazing!; Anyhow, I don't know about you but I find that no matter how much I plan an stay on top of things,life always, faithfully throws me a curve ball. And in those moments I can choose to function despite the curve ball or just roll with it. If your anything like me who hates the same thing day in and day out the  curve ball often sounds like the better choice. For example I have determined that evening I would clean all major appliances in my home...Gary calls and says "babes lets go for dinner! " Whats my response?  I'll take the dinner for 400 thanks!  Then there are other curve balls.  For example I have made a lovely dinner spaghetti squash with Marina sauce and cheese.  Mmmmh!  Then my someone calls me with bad news and all of a sudden health food just won't do!  But the icecream in my fridge(really isn't in my fridge. I don't buy icecream. Its called curve ball prevention)  is calling my name.  Or the unexpected invite to eat and no healthy options are around! What do you do?  I say this cause life has sent me many curve ball in different areas. But as this blog involves sugar I am amazed to see how many more curve balls I have been thrown. I have also become very aware of other people food habits.  I have observed mainly a lack of self control.  People aren't hungry but pizza shows up and they are eating three slices minimum.  People want to loose weight but if food shows up they forget their goals cause " everyone else is doing it" Now I will confess last night I had pizza...more like cheese and pepperoni dipped in garlic sauce. I threw away most of the bread. Not because of sugar but because I didn't even like it anymore.  Before the pizza arrived I determined what I would  eat and how much  I would eat. I was deliberate.  I realize we won't always be eating whole grains and Smoothies ( although that should be the norm of your life)  but when we are going to eat junk you have to be deliberate.   I have learned its not about the food. Its about discipline.  The reason I encourage being strict is to develop that. One can eat healthy and still be a glutton and still be overweight.  So don't think well cause I don't eat sugar I am not a glutton or don't have food issues.  Lack of sugar is just a way to show you how addicted to food you really are.  But not eating it is only a step towards developing right attitudes towards food. Not the cure!

Well ladies. I am out!
Today I will be eat Greek salad and a smoothie for lunch.  And dinner is a big question mark!  Any ideas?

Comments

Popular Posts