Diaries of An Ex-Sugar Addict

Good Morning!
So I am overly excited about this blog, and lifestyle change.  I mean the first time I was excited but had no clue the results it would yield!  This time, I know and I am psyched!  So I hope you guys are too!

Also all those who are following and plan to do the change-can you drop comments! :) Its nice to hear other peoples experiences and not just mine!

Okay-so I have yet to read my 1st chapter of Made to Crave yet-I have read the book before.  I will probably read it tonight before I got to bed-so it will be in tomorrows post! I will only have a blog once per day, so I am thinking I will update in the evening time usually, that way I can really tell you what I ate that day, not what I hope to eat! LOL

So just a couple tips for those starting a sugar free life, after you have done yesterdays advice, this would be your next step
1) Get a blender-smoothies are everything!
2) Download the calorie count app  Or just do the online version-you gotta track what you are eating, and just an excellent website to know the calories in food.
3) Set your goals, find out what you should be taking in each day to meet those goals. Click here to find that out.
4) Do research on the benefits of no sugar in your diet!  Your not really going to stick to something, if you don't think its going to benefit you!

Alrightroo....so what have I eaten today?

So I am excited coming off my H20 experience to be eating regular again! yay!!

Breakfast: Blackberry Banana Yogurt smoothy! (throw it almonds with a touch of almond milk or water)Warning-be easy on the yogurt make sure its plain, natural and if
you can find sugar free!

Morning Snack: If you remember I was going to try a juice made out of red pepper, onion and spinach, well I made it!  It wasn't gross it tasted good, but the onion was so potent I just couldn't handle it-but it actually curbed my appetite-so I am good until lunch!  Usually at morning snack I just eat my left over smoothie!  I sprinkle slivered almonds on top!

Lunch: Meatball salad!  Yesterday I made homemade meatballs!  Really excited about those-so I am just going to make up a huge HUGE salad, with spinach, avocado, cucumber, tomato, cilantro and pour my meatballs over top!  Add some parmesan cheese, and I am good to go!

Afternoon snack: handful of almonds with dried cranberries!  This is one of my fav snacks to have when I really want some sugar and something sweety! :)

Dinner & Dessert-Today I plan to fast for dinner, so I am just going to have good old H20, but for those who aren't I would say make your dinner lite, eat the biggest earlier in the day!  If I was going to eat dinner tonight, I would prb have banana cookies-lol homemade-I will write the recipe & hummus, cheese and grilled zucchini!  Kinda a weird dinner but honestly thats what I feel for today!

Banana cookies Recipe-you'll never miss sweets with this treat!

1 pack of plain instant oatmeal
1 very ripe banana

1)mash the banana, stir in the oats
2) heat a frying pan with a little olive oil
3)form little patties with the mixture and fry til golden brown!

Grilled Zucchini
1 zucchini cut length ways 1/2 inch thick
2 cloves of minced garlic
little sea salt to taste
sprinkle of cayenne pepper
1 tbs olive oil

1) rub seasoning into zucchini
2) place in oven for 15 minutes on 350 or until lightly browned

Serve with hummus spread on top and cherry tomatoes, or even shred cheese on the zucchini and melt in oven!  YUMM!!

Have a sugar free day!

Comments

  1. OK So I must admit, I have the eating portions backwards when it comes to eating big in the morning and small at night because I'm still tryna get into the habit of this thingy. But what I noticed is that I feel like I get full quicker. I'm not sure why or how but it's weird. Nonetheless, it hasn't been horrible (2 days so far!) It makes it easy because my mom is doing it with me so shes making the food which lightens the load. Today I bought Made to Crave at Speelmans, and I'm enjoying it so far. Today I had:
    Breakfast: scrambled eggs
    Snack: Cheese, a tangerine, and a plum
    Late lunch: Salad
    Dinner: Sweet potatoes, salad, n' Shake 'n Bake Chicken (which I'm SURE I can't eat because the shake n bake is probably bread crumbs or something!) LOL I didn't think about that until I was already eating it! Anyway, ta ta!
    P.S I'm sooo excited to try those cookies =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a good meal! For the shake and bake next time try buying whole grain bread and making your own bread crumbs. Honestly the amount is very minimal so I wouldn't worry, but if you want to be a stickler try that! Also I breaded alot of my veggies and would fry them in olive oil-so i found making a large tub of my own breadcrumbs was benefitial!
    Please do share what you put in your salad-cause I need different salad ideas! I liked the corn idea...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts